Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"I and my life"

A little while ago I ran a session in Room 5 (1st Grade) on Marc Chagall's master piece
"I and the Village"



Chagall's artwork was greatly inspired and directed by his happy childhood memories and he often painted his dream world in full color.

After we talked about Mr. Chagall and tried to identify pieces of the painting, discussed how he tried to tell his story through his dream-like pictures and his often upside-down world the kids went to work and created their OWN STORY about themselves.

We pasted the paintings, which were done with oil pastel, onto colorful backgrounds and Mrs. A and the kids added a short story about the artists to the masterpiece.

These MASTERPIECES are now proudly displayed in our main building's hallway.

Please come with me and see:
The Stories of the Kids of Room 5














Super, my little artist friends!
I am SO PROUD of you guys!

I had the pleasure of watching you blossom into amazing, little artist over the last few months.
My, how you have grown ... way too fast!!!

Art Attack on Room 5 - was a short story :)

This lesson was an Art in Action lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment