Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Magic of Room 14

The kiddos of Room 14 did not get a chance to participate in the Craft Camps.
Yesterday they finally had their turn and made art out of recyclable materials.

We created magical toad stools out of plastic easter eggs and aluminum foil and then used Acrylic paint to  decorate them.

This young man was VERY inventive and made himself little aluminum "thimbles" to protect his fingers from the acrylic paint. I was quite impressed with his ingenuity!


We added some "icing" with sparkles et voila ... we created little mystical creations for our court yard garden.






I added a layer of fixative today and placed our magical creations all over our garden areas.
The kids will be able to see them every day when they walk by.











Room 14 is an AWESOME group!
I only got to work with 9 of them but it was such a relaxing and calm atmosphere in there.
I enjoyed having time working with the kids more on an individual basis, since we had less students.
We got to paint together and chat about their favorite colors and sparkles and  ...

I VERY much enjoyed my time with you guys!
Thanks Room 14 for the fun afternoon!
I can't wait to come back!!

Sparkle Art Attack ... completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment